After experiencing much success with the two-year training program, “Developing Future CEOs,” we are proud to continue offering it to future leaders of our company. This intensive program is designed to rapidly accelerate the development of candidates who aspire to become hospital CEOs. Upon successful completion of the program, associate administrators are able to apply for open CEO positions in HealthSouth hospitals. In most cases, this requires program participants to relocate twice within two years.
The associate administrator is responsible for developing and demonstrating the necessary qualifications to become a CEO, while leading significant and successful improvements in the hospital’s clinical, financial, employee and patient satisfaction outcomes. This person reports to the CEO, is a member of the hospital’s senior leadership team and is responsible for at least one department, with progressively increasing responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs. The associate administrator is expected to complete the associate administrator program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
- Strong desire to become the CEO/administrator of a HealthSouth hospital in approximately two years
- Commitment to approximately two years as an associate administrator and an additional three years as a HealthSouth hospital CEO/administrator (subject to on-the-job performance and business needs)
- Relocation twice within two years to any HealthSouth hospital
- Bachelor’s degree–preferred MBA or MHA
- Three years of management experience in hospital setting required, including managerial responsibility such as selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, and promotion and termination decisions for at least one direct report
- Input on budget development and responsibility for operating within a budget for areas of responsibility
- Evidence of consistently above average performance as compared to expectations for comparable positions at HealthSouth
- Evidence of the effective application of strong competencies and skill in analysis, business acumen, change agility, collaboration, decision-making, leadership, strategic focus, talent management and technical mastery within one or more disciplines important to inpatient rehabilitation hospital operations
- Two years of senior management experience in healthcare including hospital (or comparable corporate or regional) responsibility for one or more of the following departments: finance and accounting, marketing, nursing, therapy (inpatient), quality, case management or human resources.
- Managerial responsibility including selection, performance appraisal, performance management and discipline, compensation, and promotion and termination decisions for a staff including at least three direct reports.
- Departmental responsibility for budget development, oversight and spending
Contact Our Recruiters to Learn More.